From Monday 3 until Wednesday 5 February, a group of international editors and publishers will visit Amsterdam upon invitation of the Dutch Foundation for Literature. During this three-day Schwob-fellowship, they will be introduced to numerous Dutch publishers, editors, right managers, translators and literary organizations and bookstores.
Schwob is a initiative by the Dutch Foundation for Literature, supporting the translation into Dutch of ‘forgotten’ Modern Classics. It is for the first time that this fellowship specially focused on modern classics is organized.
During their stay in Amsterdam, the fellows will not only get a vivid picture of Dutch and Frisian (modern) classics but also gain more insight in the Dutch book market. The programme consists of, among other things, speeddates with Dutch publishers and literary rights agents, and visits to several publishing houses and museums.
- Edwin Frank, NYRB Classics (USA)
- Hella Reese, dtv (Germany)
- Samuel Titan, Editora 34 (Brazil)
- Nicholas Skidmore, Vintage Classics (UK)
- Henrik Nilsson, Nilsson förlag (Sweden)
- Valeria Bergalli, editorial minúscula (Spain)
- Sebastian Guggolz, Guggolz Verlag (Germany)
- Dariusz Sośnicki, Ossolineum (Poland)