Six translators have been nominated for the Vondel Translation Prize 2015. The Vondel Translation Prize is awarded every two years by the Dutch Foundation for Literature and the Flemish Literature Fund for the best English translation of a Dutch literary novel or cultural-historical book. The winner receives the sum of €5.000.
The nominees are:
- Nancy Forest-Flier for The King (De koning) by Kader Abdolah (Canongate)
- Donald Gardner for In Those Days by Remco Campert (a selection of his poetry) (Shoestring Press)
- Sam Garrett for Tirza by Arnon Grunberg (Open Letter) and Congo by David Van Reybrouck (Ecco/HarperCollins)
- Michele Hutchison for Craving (Dorst) by Esther Gerritsen (World Editions)
- Ina Rilke for Betrayal (Tikkop) by Adriaan van Dis (MacLehose Press)
- Laura Watkinson for The Letter for the King (Brief voor de koning) by Tonke Dragt (Pushkin Press)
The winner will be announced in November 2015.